MANAKA-SYSTEM ACUPUNCTURE LEVEL 2
”Dr Manaka was fluent in ancient and modern Chinese and Japanese, French, German, and English, along with “smatterings of other languages”. Outside of his passion for medicine, he was a sculptor, a poet, and a painter. Thus, he was a true polymath, a medical Leonardo Da Vinci. Stephen Birch, one of the brightest lights in the Western acupuncture world, described Dr Manaka to me as the only genius he had ever met. Dr Manaka taught Birch and corresponded with him in a process Birch described as “mind-expanding” and “exposing oneself to a kind of knowledge and curiosity virus”. This infection of ideas and thinking led to the English publication of Chasing the Dragon’s Tail, written by Birch with Manaka’s input and guidance. It was a seminal book on acupuncture and acupuncture research.”
Oran Kivity–Moxa in Motion (2019)
Continue your exciting journey into Manaka System Acupuncture, delving deeper into the intricate world of inter-channel relationships and the interconnected arts of direct moxa and refined palpation. Develop more expertise and expand your arsenal of techniques at steps 1 to 4.
Once again, you’ll embark on a second, transformative adventure and on completion of the three days. Level 1 opened your mind and after Level 2, you will wield your new skills with precision and confidence. You will be able to:
- Describe a four-channel set and test the effects of placing different polarities upstream and downstream on the channels.
- Practice Manaka’s unique application of the polar channel pairs, using positive and negative polarities on the mother and child points as an alternative to the master and coupled points of the Eight Extras
- Confidently apply root and branch treatment with okyu including Sawada’s Taiji protocol and unlock more branch formulae from the Matsushima Kindle Single
- Calculate the open point and harness the power of Chinese biorhythms with the 24-hour, 10-day, and 60-day cycles to: release pressure pain reactions on the belly and solve diagnostic stalemates of coexisting patterns
- Practise Manaka’s Step 4 use of phase points on the 24-hour cycle to bring relief to stubborn symptoms.
- Get comfortable with Manaka’s wooden needle and hammer and his remarkable concept of meridian frequencies, applying these ideas in various ways across the board from Step 1 to Step 4.
- Perform five new Sotai exercises to adjust the body’s structure for Step 3 with and without okyu
- Learn how to insert hinaishin intradermal needles and compare and contrast the use of empishin, hinaishin and ryu.
- Confidently apply the above at the appropriate part of the body
- Use the Eciwo hand map as an alternative to Korean hand map.
This three-day course will reinforce the concepts of Level 1 and bring your practice and skills to new heights, expanding your clinical repertoire at each Step. And with a slightly longer day, there’ll be plenty of time to practice and review. We strongly advise participants to book soon as places are limited to thirty people.
LEARNING MANAKA: WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Studying Manaka style was a Eureka moment. Within weeks it had transformed my practice. It provided a logical, sequential way of treating that was flexible, inclusive and open to new information (Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture, Korean Hand Therapy, auriculotherapy etc.). It made complete sense that the information received through palpation was the root of a diagnosis. Manaka has opened many doors (moxa, Sotai, ontake, Japanese acupuncture etc.) and continues to thrill me forty-three years after qualifying as an acupuncturist.
The work of Dr. Manaka not only transforms the way you practice but also the goal of treatment and the relationship you create with your patients. The ability to have treatment protocols that are not only clinically sound and successful but also to have maximum patient comfort allowing for the healing process to be established.